Quality: Raw Food
Finally, an all-natural completely raw, organic, non-heated cacao powder cold pressed from the finest nibs. Sprinkle organic raw cacao powder on oatmeal, puddings and other treats, blend it with other foods for a healthy chocolate smoothie or use it to make raw desserts and candies.
What is raw cacao powder?
Organic raw cacao powder is created by taking the nibs and then cold-pressing the oil out. When the oil is removed from the nibs, what results is dense, nutritionally packed dry mass. This mass is then ground into fine powder. Throughout this process every precaution is taken to ensure that no heat is used and maximum potency results.
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Cacao
1) Cacao contains more antioxidants per cup than wine or tea! The protective flavonoids in organic cacao powder can protect cells against damage by free radicals. Researchers at Cornell University found that a cup of cocoa contains nearly twice the antioxidants present in a glass of red wine, up to three times the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea, and five times the concentration in a cup of black tea. These findings are published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry.
2) Organic cacao powder is rich in flavonoids which can support heart health by reducing blood pressure and relaxing blood vessels. The Zutphen Elderly Study published in 2005 found that flavonoid intake was inversely associated with coronary heart disease, and high systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
3) Cacao is a natural mood booster because it stimulates the release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain. Feeling a little blue? Cacao also contains anandamide which leaves us feeling blissful and elevates our happiness levels.
4) Cacao powder is a brain food. The journal Neurology published preliminary research suggesting that cacao may improve cognitive function and the flow of blood to the brain.
5) Cacao is one of the richest food sources of magnesium, which aids over 300 chemical reactions in the body. Magnesium supports everything from cardiovascular function to bone health. A one-ounce serving of cacao powder contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for magnesium.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. It is ok to refrigerate.